Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Marc Jacobs Foundation

I woke one day to find a mail from sephora introducing the Marc Jacobs cosmetic line and it made me jump. I fell in love as soon as I saw that sleek packaging, though the eye shades and lip colors didn't excite me as much more and less everyone has the same thing but I did wanted to check out their pigmentation. One product that I really wanted to get my hands over was the foundation and with a wedding coming over in a few days, what would be a better excuse to get it.
So as usual I did a Google research and didn't find much reviews over the foundation as it was newly launched, therefore I had to go and check it out myself.
After using it now for almost 2 months, I felt obliged to write down my thoughts regarding the product.
My Views:
Starting with the packaging, its beautiful, very convenient and the pump dispenses just the right amount, though it is very pricey for such a small bottle.
Coming over to the foundation itself. It says that its brings clarity and radiance to the skin with it being a gel foundation. It has a very nice texture, gives light to medium coverage which is build able and in my opinion it is perfect for combination to oily skin. I have come to this conclusion very recently when because of the chilly weather my skin started to get dry and the foundation when applied showed flakiness. I tried it with applying argan oil first but it too didn't work well. It made my skin look very flat, dull and matte.
I think it would work better for me during the summers.
it is also worth noting that this foundation does not look good in photos. I wore it all the time during the wedding and i have no idea why I look so yellow in all the pictures even though the shade is a perfect match for me.
I would now have to go about looking for another foundation with a dewy finish and wait for summers to try this again.

Let me know if you have tried it and what do you think about it?



No comments:

Post a Comment